Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sew Cute!


Well, Kim inspired me. I hadn't sewn for years, but when I saw the cute skirt Kim made for OK and the fabric she got for KB a skirt I decided I needed to make one for myself. So she and I made a trip to Sew and Save (that's a misnomar) and I got me some fabric, etc. When I say "etc." I didn't realize "etc." was so many other things. I had forgotten that it takes so many extras to sew something.
I had to have the store clerk help me figure everything I needed. I hadn't sewn clothes for years, (not since the kids were little and would still wear what I made) so I had forgotten how to read a pattern and really had to refresh my memory on putting in a zipper.

The pattern is what blew me away--it was $11.49. I remember when an expensive pattern was $2.50. Now I sound like my dad. He bought a spool of thread once for $.65 so I could fix his pants and thought that was outrageous. He thought thread still cost a nickle.

Anyway, I got busy and finished the skirt. I got the zipper in on the second try and didn't have to unpick any seams. That is pretty good!

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

Lizzie and are laughing at Liv in this picture.

Sadie said...

It really is "SEW CUTE", I think that Livvy might have a career as a model. You need to let me know when you updat the blog. It is fun to look at the pictures. Thanks!