Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So close, Yet so far away!



You can't beat a $5.00 game of golf so Rhonda and I have been trying to get out and practice. There's nothing better than being on the course in the cool morning air. The only thing that could be better is to have a good game, but it only takes one good hit to get me coming back. That good, no, for me I should say "great" hit came today on hole #8. It is a 3 par, but I still decided to use my driver because I don't alway hit so well. I have been slicing a lot to the right so I turned my body a little and let it fly. It sounded great and as I followed the ball I could tell it was a great hit. It was just five inches from being a "hole in one." I even have pictures to prove it. It will probably be the closest thing to a "hole in one" for me. And, yes, that one great hit will bring me back another day.

4 comments:

afirth said...

Nikole said she's afraid to play with you now. Nice going Tiger!!

Adrianne said...

Holy cow! Way to go...I'll even excuse the fact that you used your driver on a par 3 and had to contort your body to correct a slice for a hole in one! Way to go Way.

Kimberly said...

Good job Granny! Now you see why I don't want to golf, I'm intimidated by your expertise.(sp)

Sadie said...

Great Job! Do you know why real golfers always bring two pairs of pants when golfing? In case they get a "hole in one" ha ha. Keep swinging.